Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Handmade World

I don't usually recommend specific products in this blog, but I'm making an exception here with Dee's Dews Natural Skincare Products. First, full disclosure, Dee and her husband Jaime are friends of mine, pioneering souls who live in Crestone, Colorado, a spiritual place near Valley View Hot Springs, which I first visited in 1968. The entire San Luis Valley is an exceptional place, and if you haven't been, I highly recommend you make the trip. Caution: your spirit may soar. But more importantly, I'm not really into "natural skincare products", so I approached this product test with my usual skepticism. I ordered a bar of soap - CocoaMint Hand Made Soap ($6.00), and a jar of Sassy Citrus Natural Body Butter ($12.00). Ordering was easy and delivery was prompt. Shipping was $4.80 and tax (Colorado) was $.66. And the products? Oh boy, what great stuff. Talk about aromatic - just opening the box released a cloud of inspiring aroma. At first I thought it was going to be too much, but over time they (and I) calmed down. I had planned to give these as gifts to a lady friend, but decided instead to use them myself. The soap was a beautifully marbled bar with square edges - it stands up on the edge of the tub. When used, the aroma is subtle but lasting. The body butter is a mix of oils that seems to be improving the normal winter dryness of my skin. The aroma is so intriguing that I find myself sniffing the back of my hands long after I've applied it. Okay, I'll admit that I'm not an unbiased observer. I haven't ever used products like these, and I love the people who make Dee's Dews. But if you are into "seriously natural", I think you'll love them too. Give yourself a treat. I'll be placing another order for gifts, and you should too. You'll be transported to Crestone in the beautiful San Luis Valley without leaving your house. Plus you'll be supporting "hand made" and an inspiring young couple who are living the dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment