Saturday, May 29, 2010


From DenverGov
Photo Red Light Enforcement Program

Updated May 24, 2010

Current Red Light Camera Intersection Locations

There are currently 4 red light camera intersections. The locations for these intersections are listed below.

All incidents captured by the red light cameras are reviewed by employees of the Denver Police Department. If the review determines a violation of Denver Revised Municipal Code 54-101(3)(a) has occurred a notice of violation is mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle.

Each of the red light camera locations has a white stop bar painted prior to the crosswalk. Vehicles must be stopped behind this white stop bar when the light is red. If a right or left turn is permitted, vehicles must come to a complete and full stop behind the white stop bar before proceeding.



If you have any questions about the Red Light Enforcement Program, please call the Photo Enforcement Unit at 720-865-6941.

Location/Intersection Enforce Direction
36th Street; Quebec Street Northbound
6th Ave; Kalamath Street Eastbound
6th Ave; Lincoln Street Eastbound
8th Ave; Speer Blvd S/B Westbound


I went through the 6th and Lincoln intersection recently near dusk. The flash of this thing is somewhat alarming a first when you don't know what it is. It was going off repeatedly, and you couldn't tell who was being "caught".


Must be a real money-maker for the citizen squeeze going on now.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:53 AM

    I was issued a ticket for stopping at the red light at 6th Ave. and Lincoln. My front wheels crossed the white line, my bumper extended maybe inches into the crosswalk. And for this I am issued a $75 ticket for "Failure to stop at marked stop line on red light"!!! Do I have to spend my own time fighting B.S. trivialities? Any suggestions on what I do next??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:40 PM

    I too was issued a ticket, at Quebec and E 36th Ave, for $75 for stopping with my front wheels over the white line, and my rear wheels behind it (while in the right turn lane). I understand that technically this is a violation of the code, but the fine levied is the same for running a red light, and stopping partially into a crosswalk is not only EXTREMELY common and generally no cause for being pulled over by an actual cop, but is not nearly as dangerous as running the red light, and should not be fined the same way. This is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:29 AM

    I was issued a ticket at 6th and Kalamath for stopping with my wheels just over the line. The intersection doesn't have a pedestrian crosswalk and the only thing I was trying to prevent was a rear end collision which was obvious in my video. I have a clean driving record and haven't had any tickets or accidents in 20 years. This is truly a moneymaker for the City!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:32 AM

    I got the same 75$ ticket at Lincoln and 6th.
    I stopped past white line vs running the red light.
    I thought there should be a smaller fine of 40$ for that as of Janurary 2012...
    http://smokyhillbound.wordpress.com/2012/01/26/1083/

    ReplyDelete